Rooting Sony Xperia S
Recently i have upgraded my Xperis S
- Unlocked Boot loader (search the forum or visit Sony site to do so. plz keep in mind it will void your warrenty)
you can try this link to lock/unlock bootloader
- ADB Driver should be installed on your system. to use (download it from FASTBOOT)
Files to download:
Start Rooting Xperis S(installation Guideline)
Step-1 : Copy “CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip” file in your SD card.
- Unzip “UnLock BootLoader.zip” anywhere on your PC (i.e. desktop) and go to Fastboot folder (UnLock BootLoaderfastboot_with_Android_USB_filefastboot )
- Unzip “recovery-nozomi.zip” and copy “recovery-nozomi.img” file in “Fastboot” folder
- Unzip “kernel.Stock6.1.A.2.50.zip” and copy “kernel.Stock6.1.A.2.50_Itly_en.sin” file in “Fastboot” folder.
Now, reboot your mobile in fast boot mode
Step-3 : Once connected go to “Fastboot” folder press”SHIFT” and right click on blank spot into the folder and select “Open Commend window here”
now enter the below commends
- Check if device is connected and accessible: fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar versionif device is connected properly and drivers are installed above commend will be executed else it will show “Waiting for device”
- Install/flash recovery : fastboot flash boot recovery-nozomi.img
once install is completed restart the device
Step-4 : Get into recovery mode
- Select install zip from sd card
- Go the location in SD card where you have copied “CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip” select and install it.
Once done reboot the device.
Step-5 (Final): Get into the fast boot mode.
- now flash stock kernel : fastboot flash boot kernel.Stock6.1.A.2.50_Itly_en.sin
reboot your device and install “superSU” from market.
you are all done and guess what now your device is rooted…